Finding numbers of agencies to report child abuse can be difficult. I have pulled the details together for a few agencies in English speaking countries.

If you have the knowledge to help me compile pages in other languages for other countries I will appreciate your help.

UK - Children

If you are a child and you want help, call childline.

The service is 100% confidential (that means its a secret between you and them), and they will listen to you and understand what you are telling them, and what is happening to you, they will talk to you and help you find a way to sort out your problem.

The number is free, and you can call from home, your friends house or any telephone box in the UK.

The number is: 0800 1111

Always remember if you want help at anytime, the police will help you, just call 999 from any phone, tell them you are a child and need help, they will send someone straight away.

If you want more information about childline, their website is at:

UK - Children or Adults

If you are an adult or child, and you want to report the abuse of a child you know, contact the NSPCC (national society for the protection of children) use these numbers below.

  • NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000
  • If you think a child is in immediate danger, call the police on 999
  • If you're worried about a child's safety or welfare or if you need help or advice, ring our helpline on 0808 800 5000.

The NSPCC also provides support in a few other languages;

  • Bengali/Sylheti: 0800 096 7714
  • Gujurati: 0800 096 7715
  • Hindi: 0800 096 7716
  • Punjabi: 0800 096 7717
  • Urdu: 0800 096 7718
  • Asian Helpline Service in English: 0800 096 7719

    You can visit their site at


We are working on getting other telephone numbers together to expand this page


Who could be abusing you (your child):

You are most likely to be abused by someone you know.

The authorities know this, so do the help lines.

It can be a member of your own family, a family friend, a teacher, a babysitter, your mates big brother or sister, your priest, or your youth club leader.

Adults who want to abuse children try very hard to get a job where they can work with children and make the child trust them. This is called Grooming.


The act of an adult or other potential abuser  befriending a child by appearing to be more caring and understanding than the child's peers or parents.

The person grooming the child will spend months working to convince the child that they are the only person who really understands and cares about them.

Make sure that you know who all your child's friends are, and that your child is never alone with an adult or other child that you have any doubts about.